Month: May 2016
According to a ‘2016 Cost vs. Value’ report by Remodeling, replacing an old, worn-out garage door is positioned as one of the top five home improvement projects a home owner can undertake. This makes sense as your garage door is possibly the largest feature on your home’s exterior. However, installing a new garage door has many other benefits underpinning why it really is a sensible idea, whether you are looking to generate high return on your investment at the time of resale or making your garage a safer place for yourself and the family with added safety features.
Do you often find yourself staring at a jammed garage door in spite of being regular with its maintenance? Is your garage door equipped with all the mandatory as well as added security features? Are you spending a way too much in repairs and maintenance? It is time to replace your old garage door.
- Enhance the market value of your home:A new garage door will increase the market value of your home. Period! As per Remodeling 2016 Cost vs. Value Report, a midscale garage door replacement is one of the top bang-for-buck home improvement project. A new, stylish garage door adds life to the exterior of your house, improving the curb appeal manifold. If you are looking to looking to sell your house in near future, a garage door replacement will definitely improve the value of your home in the market. Buyers prefer to invest in houses where they don’t have to shell out more money in additional repairs and maintenance.
- Increased home and garage security:Modern garage door comes in a variety of materials, such as fibre glass and reinforced steel, that are not only high on style quotient but also resilient – making it difficult for burglars to break into your garage. You can also choose garage doors that come installed with alarms and operated by remotes that use encrypted coding technique. With burglars getting tech savvy too and commonly utilizing code grabbing devices to hack into remote control mechanism and gain access, rolling code technology is a good way to beat these workarounds. In addition, advanced garage doors can be wind-loaded too, offering greater protection during a hurricane and tornado.
- Safer garage: A garage door is easily one of the heaviest door in your house, supported by springs and safety cables. Like with every machine that has many moving interconnected parts, it is common that these parts undergo wear and tear, get damaged and faulty – causing unexpected break down of your garage door or any of its parts. This may cause your garage to come crashing down and causing fatal injuries or damage to your car. Many times, kids find it thrilling to race under a moving garage door or just hang around the garage, making it a dangerous zone for kids or pets.That’s why all automatic garage doors manufactured after 1993 are mandated by US federal law to be installed auto-reverse safety mechanisms, some standard and some additional measures such as photoelectric sensors. The purpose of these auto reverse functionality is to detect the presence of something or someone while the garage door is in motion. On sensing a presence, the garage door would reverse its motion and not keep closing down on an unsuspecting person, pet or your vehicle, trapped under a moving garage door for some reason.
- Reduced heating and cooling costs:With an old, rickety garage door, you may be struggling to keep your garage as well as your house, especially if attached, cool in summers and warm in winters. Is that causing your utility bills to soar? Perhaps it is time to look at replacing your garage door with a sturdy version that is also effectively insulated. It will clearly translate into cost savings on high utility bills.
- A better storage place: Most people use their garage for other purposes like to store items like gardening tools, lawn equipment and other personal stuff. Home owners also utilize this space to create workstations, office or as a recreational area to party and lounge around with friends. Most old garage doors have infective insulation and sealing – allowing moisture, air and even insects and rodents to creep in. A new garage door with proper insulation and weather stripping makes your garage a better place to store items as well as to transform the place into something more fun and useful by keeping outdoor elements like wind, snow, rain and insects at bay.
- Avoid mounting repair bills:A garage door is made up of numerous small and big parts, such as nuts, bolts, springs, drums and tracks. Over years, with continuous use and braving extreme weather conditions, it is only natural that these parts get worn out, broken or damaged, affecting the performance of your garage door. Needless to say, the old door demands more repair and continuous maintenance, resulting in rising repair bills not to mention the frequent inconvenience. You can easily avoid these daily headaches by investing in a brand new garage door.
- Insurance benefits:A brand new garage door is more equipped to provide better safety and security to your vehicles as well as home. A new garage door made of high quality, strong and resilient material helps in a lot many ways to make your home and garage a less attractive target for thieves. Clearly, your insurance providers see your house a less of a risk, making it possible to get reduction on your insurance premiums.
Garage door replacement and installation services in Killeen
If you are ready to replace your old, worn-out garage door with a modern version that has better security features as well as looks, call the garage door experts in Killeen. Garage Door Repair Killeen is your local, professional and affordable service company with expertise in residential and commercial garage door installation, repair and maintenance. We will look into your unique requirements so that we can suggest the best solution aligned with your needs and budget. We have trained, licensed and fully insured garage door technicians who follow all the safety protocols while installing your garage door, ensuring you have a safe garage geared to give you high performance in the long run.
Brands we work with:
- Wayne Dalton
Pests in your garage can be one big nuisance you can do without. These creepy crawlies, including spiders, ants, rodents and other bugs pose health hazards too. Once they are comfortable in the garage, it will only be a matter of time before they will find their way into your home. We bring you quick tips to keep your garage pest free.
- Clean and de-clutter
Garage filled with clutter is one attractive place to animals and insect pests as it gives them access to little nooks and corners to lurk and hide. First, clean up and sort your garage. Remove all the stored itemsfrom the garage. Clean the floors and most importantly get rid of unnecessary items and any moisture. Furniture, storage containers, cartons, clothes etc. can easily provide shelter to insects and other pests. If possible, store the items off the ground, organized in shelves and bars. Installing shelves or cabinets is a good investment as these forms of storage are very effective in keeping your garage organized and uncluttered. Consequently, this will minimize the chances of pets find any nesting or hiding areas and increase the flow of air to keep moisture in check.
- Seal up any spaces
Does your garage have any cracks, holes and other openings along your garage door and windows? Inspect your garage very thoroughly to look for any cracks that may give opportunity to pests to enter. Seal any gaps you find. Weather stripping or sealing around the edges of the garage will keep the critters and small animals out while also keeping a tab on your heating and cooling bills.
- Be careful with what you store and keep in your garage
- Don’t keep trash cans in or around your garage. This is possibly one major reason that could attract these unwanted visitors who would wander in for food. If you must, make sure all the garbage bags are tied tightly so that the food content doesn’t spill over.
- Remove any container that holds water.
- Don’t store any pet food and bird seeds inside the garage. If you have to, make sure the food is kept inside the sealed containers and not in the bags.
- Spray pesticide and set traps
If you can’t see any insects during the inspection, don’t make the mistake of assuming that there are apparently no insects. If you find any dead pests, droppings, chew mark on wires, unaccounted plastic bags, these signs may be an indication that your garage is indeed home to creepy crawlies or other creatures. If your house is infested with pests, simply deep cleaning will not solve the purpose. You would need to spray insecticides or pesticides or set traps within the garage. Follow the instructions carefully before spraying the chemical.
- If you have small kids and pets, you need to be extra careful with the pesticide use and setting bait stations. There is always an underlying risk of small children or pets exploring the garage and end up getting poisoned or hurt. If your child or any other family member has allergies, you may want to reconsider the spraying option as toxic fumes from the spray can trigger or aggravate any serious allergies. Find safe, natural alternative available in the market instead.
- Call the professionals
Tried deep cleaning, spraying pesticides and organizing the garage but still struggling with keeping the pests out? Call the pests control professionals.
A garage door is a heavy piece of machinery comprising of many moving, interconnected parts that not only supports the weight of the garage door but are also responsible for its smooth functioning. There are many components that are working in tandem such as torsion springs, rollers, track, drums and safety cables. Like with every machine that is used every day, garage door is no exception to wear and tear and breakdowns. A non-operating or jammed garage door can be really inconvenient not to mention how dangerous it can be. And that’s why we usually waste no time in calling for a garage door repair service.
And that’s exactly the opportunity the fraud companies are looking for. When we are urgently looking for a professional, we tend to overlook certain red flags and may seem convinced with all the flashy advertisements, all-over web presence and ‘too-good to be true’ service costs. How do you know you are hiring a legitimate garage door repair service provider? Garage Door Repair Killeen presents some helpful tips that will help you spot a garage door repair scam.
- Thoroughly research the company and send some time looking for customer reviews on the internet. Though not all reviews are genuine and some are biased and even paid, but going through a couple of these may be a good starting point.
- Ask questions about their physical address, certification, licence and insurance information. If they mention an address, always check it out on Google Maps to check if the address is legitimate. If you find otherwise, it is time to call another company.
- Get a ballpark price over the phone for a specific repair job. If there are ‘too good to be true’ service costs or very high estimates, it is more likely to be a rip off. To be on a safer side, call multiple garage door service companies in your area to get quotes before you make your final decision.
- When the technicians arrive, always ask to see a license and some other form of identification.
- Most professional garage door services company will arrive in company marked vehicle that has a company logo and contact information on it.
- Ensure that you are hiring a bonded business. How does it help? A bonded company means that your interest will be protected in case you are not satisfied with the quality of the work or if the job is not completely finished and left mid-way.
- Ensure that the technicians are fully insured. This would mean you are not responsible if the technicians happen to injure themselves onsite while performing the service. In such cases, only the company’s insurance provider is liable to cover any claims whatsoever.
- Before you give a green signal to begin the repair work, make sure you have got everything in writing that should specifically the service costs and any other costs, labor, promised warranty and any other agreed specifics. Always check the paperwork before signing and never get bullied into paying more than what was given to you in writing. And also, never allow a technician to start the job before they are able to provide you with clear nature of the repair and what kind of work will be performed. Most fraud companies will tell you that other parts need replacement too. In case you have doubts, it is always best to take a second opinion.
- It is never a good idea to pay for any kind of repair or maintenance job in advance. Make sure you are making the payment to the company and not the technician. Payments should be made to the company, not the technician.
Reliable, professional garage door services in Killeen
Call Garage Door Repair Killeen at (254) 848 6088 if you are looking for a reliable, reputable garage door professional. We provide services to Killeen, Austin, Temple, Belton and Fort Hood. Why we are the right people to call?
- Specializes in garage door and automatic openers installation, repair and maintenance services
- Experienced, skilled and trained garage door professionals.
- Fully insured, licensed and bonded
- Available 24 hours to fix any garage door repair.
- Provide cost estimate over the phone
Most garage doors are made up of panels or sections. Bent or damaged garage door panels not only look unattractive and messy but can result in heavy damage to other structures of the garage door. So, what are some common reasons for bent or damaged garage door panel?
- Running your car into the garage door while reversing or parking.
- Low quality panels are more likely to bend
- Poorly installed garage door may not fit on the tracks and may lead to bent or damaged panels.
- Operating the garage door opener when the springs are broken can damage the top most section of the garage door.
- Worn out garage door roller
Bent Garage Door Panel Repair and Replacement in Killeen
Call Garage Door Repair Killeen to repair or replace panels or sections on your garage door. We have been providing unmatched garage door services to Killeen, Austin, Belton, Fort Hood and Temple. If you have bent or damaged panels on your garage door, it is important to call a garage door technician to inspect your door and assess the extent of damage to recommend appropriate options.
While minor bends can be easily repaired by installing one or more struts. These are V shaped metal structures that extends extra support for the garage door panels or sections and prevent bending or bulging of the panels. However, when the damage is quite severe, it is always best to replace the entire panel. Our garage door professionals will determine what solution would be best depending on the severity of the damage as well as the availability of the required panels.
Call the most professional, reliable and affordable garage door services provider in Killeen at (254) 848 6088.
Why call Garage Door Repair Killeen?
- Professional, fully insured and licensed garage door professionals
- Available 24/7 to fix any urgent garage door issue
- Affordable rates
- Fast response and same day service guaranteed.
- High level of experience in residential and commercial garage door installation, repair and maintenance services in Killeen and surrounding cities.
- Free cost estimates
We offer the following garage door repair services
- Broken garage door springs repair and replacement
- Bent garage door panels repair and replacement
- Safety cables repair
- Garage door adjustment
- Damaged garage door rollers repair
- Bent, damaged or misaligned garage door track repair
- Any garage door part repair
- 24/7 garage door repair services